A children's play area must be designed as such that it:
2.02 Children's play areas
- is located as far away as practicable from the gaming machine area
- does not have a line of sight from the play area into the gaming machine area or from the gaming machine area into the play area
- does not permit sounds from gaming machines to be heard in the children's lay area
- is not directly accessible from the gaming machine area
- is conducive to being monitored by venue staff to help ensure that minors are not left unattended.
For more information, refer to the Decision-Making Guidelines-Assessment of children's play areas in gaming premises (PDF: 400KB)